- Potatoes (about 3 medium potatoes per person)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Flavourings of your choosing:
- Cumin seeds or garam masala (good with curries)
- Fennel seeds, dried oregano and chilli flakes (good with fish or chicken)
- Fresh rosemary and whole garlic cloves (good with lamb, pork chops or chicken)
- Fresh thyme or bay leaves (good with pork or chicken)
Heat the oven to 220C. Cut potatoes in halve lengthways and then cut each half into wedges. Place in a large bowl and add a generous amount of olive oil and seasoning.
Add your flavourings at this point if using.
Mix everything well together using your hands and tip out onto a large baking tray.
Roast in the oven until cooked through and golden brown – a small batch will take about 20 minutes