- 2 medium sized potatoes, sliced (width of a pound coin)
- 6 slices of thin pancetta, finely chopped
- Half a red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- Half a cup of frozen peas
- a handful of fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Olive oil for frying
- 6 organic free-range eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- a handful of grated cheese (parmesan, gruyere, cheddar)
Par cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for about 5 minutes or until just cooked. Drain on kitchen paper to remove excess water.
Heat your grill to high.
Heat the olive oil in a large non stick frying pan and fry the pancetta, onion and pepper until the vegetables are soft and the pancetta is slightly crispy.
Add the potatoes to the pan and brown them slightly. Add the garlic and chilli (if using). Fry for a few minutes before adding the peas and parsley (if using).
Season the eggs and add to the pan. Stir to mix with the filling, turn down the heat and leave on the hob for a few minutes or until the egg is just starting to set.
Sprinkle the cheese on the top and place under the grill until the egg is just cooked and the top is bubbling.
remove from the grill and leave in the pan to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Serve with a green salad and some cherry tomatoes.