- 4 Thick pork steaks, or 1 loin cut into medallions
- 2 tbls lemon juice
- 1 grated onion
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 Heaped tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- Large bunch of chopped parsley
- A good slug of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Rice salad
- Cup of cold rice
- 4 small tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 small chilli, desseded and finely chopped
- 1 Red or green pepper cored and finely diced
- A capful each of olive oil and red wine vinegar
First make the marinade by combining all of the ingredients well, place in a bowl or a food bag and add the pork making sure the meat is well covered. Ideally you should leave the meat to marinate overnight but an hour will do fine if you are in a hurry.
Prepare the salad by mixing all of the indredients apart from the olive oil and red wine vinegar, set aside.
When the meat of ready to cook heat up a non stick pan and remove as much of the marinade from each steak as possible, but reserve it, this will be used in a moment. Fry the steaks on each side over a high heat, only a minute or so each side, so that they have some colour then transfer to a casserole dish adding the remaining and reserved marinade.
Cook in an oven at 180 for around 15-20 mins depending on the thickness of your steaks. When they are ready remove from the oven and allow them to rest for a couple of mins. Finish of the salad by mixing through the olive oil and red wine vinegar and serve.