- 4 large eggs (free range organic)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 25g butter
- 2-3 tsp creme fraiche
- handful of frozen peas
- 100g-150g smoked salmon (see Cook’s tip)
- Maldon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh herbs if you have them – parsley, dill, basil
- a few gratings of cheese (parmesan or cheddar)
Heat your grill to its highest setting.
Heat a non-stick frying pan and melt the butter. Gently fry the onion for 5-10 minutes until soft and slightly coloured. Add the smoked salmon and peas. Mix well with the onion to warm through.
Crack the eggs into a jug or bowl and lightly beat with salt, pepper, herbs and the creme fraiche. Add this mixture to the pan and mix through with the salmon, peas and onion. Leave to cook on the hob for a few minutes before grating over the cheese and transferring to the grill.
When browned and bubbling on top remove from grill and let it stand in the pan for a minute or two before serving.
Good with a nice green salad and a glass of dry white wine.