- 2 salmon fillets, sliced lengthways into strips
- a pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground Szechuan peppercorns
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper
- a pinch of sugar
- Groundnut oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- a selection of vegetables, e.g. broccoli, green beans, beansprouts
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
Place the salmon strips in a non-metallic bowl and add the chilli flakes, Szechuan peppercorns, ginger, a pinch of salt and pepper and the sugar. Add a splash of groundnut oil and mix everything well together. Set aside to marinade.
Prepare all vegetables into even bite-sized pieces. Heat the grill to its highest setting and heat a wok over a medium feat until it is very hot. Place the salmon on a baking tray and grill for a few minutes until just cooked. Meanwhile, add 2 tbsp groundnut oil to the wok and stir fry the onion and vegetables for a couple of minutes on a high heat.
Add the soy and oyster sauces and mix well. Serve the salmon and vegetables on a bed of steamed rice.