- 2 unpeeled cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 100g black olives
- 900g tomatoes, preferably small ones on the vine
- 2 medium red chillies, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp pesto, preferably homemade
- 2 boneless, skinless cod fillets, each about 450g
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 12 slices prosciutto
Heat oven to 200C. Put the garlic in a roasting tin with 2 tbsp olive oil and roast for 10 mins. Remove from oven and add tomatoes and chillies to the tin and stir. Season.
Spread the pesto over one side of a cod fillet and sprinkle over the lemon zest; season. Lay the other cod fillet on top then wrap ham slices loosely around the fish, tucking in the edges. Season and drizzle over the remaining olive oil.
Put the cod on a rack over the roasting tin. Roast for 20 mins until the fish is cooked and the tomatoes are starting to break up.
Transfer cod to a plate. Mash the garlic into the pan juices and discard the skins; season.